Habitat for Humanity
Urban Development; Market Systems Development
August 2020 - October 2021
Habitat’s Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter works with housing markets by supporting local firms and expanding innovative and client-responsive services, products, and financing so that low-income households can improve their shelter more effectively and efficiently.
- DevLearn was hired to support the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) team, working with project teams in six different countries to build capacity for MEAL and develop a shared MEAL framework. We:
- Conducted a MEAL assessment, highlighting the strengths and challenges experienced by the Terwilliger Center.
- Provided an online training course for the MEAL focals, comprising pre-recorded videos, assignments, and webinars.
- Worked with each MEAL focal to implement the lessons from the training on a test assignment.
- Provided suggestions and recommendations for future MEAL improvements.
Following the successful completion of the assignment, we were asked to support the Terwilliger Center’s annual strategic development process. We developed a framework through an innovative online strategic development process, worked with each country to populate the framework, and helped to build the annual plan.