Why do this course?
Development programmes working in complex environments need to understand the context they work in, monitor changes, and adapt their work accordingly. This sounds simple but is challenging in practice. What should we be measuring? What is ‘good enough’ measurement, and how do we attribute change to our programme? And – hardest of all – how do you get decision makers to change their minds?
DevLearn’s online training course answers these questions and more, using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, a practical framework used by over a hundred programmes worldwide.
Course objectives and structure
During this course, you will:
- Learn how to build a practical, adaptive results measurement system.
- Develop a theory of change showing the logic of an intervention, explore the assumptions that you make in intervention design, and articulate indicators based on the results chain.
- Understand how to select from different research techniques to measure these indicators, and attribute results to the programme.
- Practice introducing the DCED Standard during a case study.
- Have your questions answered online by the course facilitator and other experts working in results measurement.
This interactive and participatory course is delivered entirely online, over four weeks. Participants are expected to spend at least a day a week working on the course. Online training is cost-effective, interactive, and entertainingly delivered through videos, guided exercises, expert presentations, and group discussions.
How much will the course cost?
- Organisational fee: This varies according to how many people the organisation sends on the training, as below:
- £450 per person with 1-2 people from organisation.
- £400 per person with 3-5 people from organisation.
- £350 per person with 6+ people from organisation.
- Individual fee: £300
- 10% early bird discount before December 31st 2018
These fees do not include VAT.
The course has been taken by over 200 people from around 20 different countries. Participants rated the course 4/5 for satisfaction, and 4.5/5 for value for money. Feedback included:
- Loved it, thank you Adam. This is a great course that just simply and intelligently teaches the basic logic of current M&E practices.
- I appreciated the practical examples, input from multiple experts and the knowledge sharing on the platform.
- It is extremely useful for people who apply the DCED Standard in their work. I would recommend everyone to attend this course.
Click here to download the application form and apply, or email email@example.com with any questions.