Apply now for our online course on results management for adaptive programmes is between the 4th – 29th of April 2022. You can register to join the training by filling this form.
Scroll down to find out more about the course, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Why do this course?
Development programmes working in complex environments need to understand the context they work in, monitor changes, and adapt their work accordingly. This sounds simple but is challenging in practice. What should we be measuring? What is ‘good enough’ measurement, and how do we attribute change to our programme? And – hardest of all – how do you get decision makers to change their minds?
DevLearn’s online training course answers these questions and more, using the DCED Standard for Results Measurement, a practical framework used by over a hundred programmes worldwide.
During this course, you will:
- Learn how to build a practical, adaptive results measurement system. Understand how to select from different research techniques to measure these indicators, and attribute results to the programme.
- Develop a theory of change showing the logic of an intervention, explore the assumptions that you make in intervention design, and articulate indicators based on the results chain.
- Practice introducing the DCED Standard during a case study. Have your questions answered online by the course facilitator and other experts working in results measurement.
- This interactive and participatory course is delivered entirely online. Participants are expected to spend approximately four days working on the course over the entire length, at times that suit you.
How to apply?
Our next course on results management for adaptive programmes is between the 4th – 29th of April 2022. You can register to join the training by filling this form.
If you are paying for the course as an individual, you pay the individual fee. This is £300.
If an organisation is paying (or reimbursing you), you pay the organisational fee.It varies according to how many people the organisation sends on the training:
- £450 per person with 1-2 people from organisation.
- £400 per person with 3-5 people from organisation.
- £350 per person with 6+ people from organisation
*An extra 20% VAT is applicable for UK registered organizations or individuals*
***You can get a 10% early bird discount if you register before the 15th of February 2022 ***
The course consists of four components:
- Recorded lectures. You will have access to recorded lectures, which introduce the course material in an interesting, accessible way
- Weekly live seminars. We run a weekly live seminar to practice what you’ve learned, share your experiences and learn from other participants and the facilitators.
- Forum discussions. You can ask (and answer) any questions you want in the forum, and get answers from other participants and the course facilitators.
- Assessments. There are two assessments, peer-assessed by other course participants and reviewed in the weekly seminars.
The course typically takes four days to complete over the month, depending on your interest and availability. It is completely flexible (apart from the live seminars) – you can watch the lectures, participate in the forum, and do the assignments whenever you want.
You will receive a certificate upon successful completion of course.
The course has been taken by over 1,000 people from around 30 different countries. Participants rated the course 4/5 for satisfaction, and 4.5/5 for value for money.
“Loved it, thank you Adam. This is a great course that simply and intelligently teaches the basic logic of current M&E practices.”
“I appreciate the practical examples, input from multiple experts and the knowledge sharing on the platform.”
“It is extremely useful for the people who apply the DCED standard in their work. I would recommend everyone to attend the course”
Can I do this course if I have a slow internet connection? We have had participants take this course from all over the world, including countries without good internet access. While you do need internet access, it does not need to be a high speed network. If you have previously used skype, whatsapp calls, or webinar software such as webex you should be fine.
Can I do this course if I am on a field trip? Our course timings are very flexible, and if you are on a field trip for a week you can always catch up afterwards. If you are going to be away for most of the month, however, you might struggle to stay on top of the workload.
Do you cater for all timezones? We ask for your timezone in the registration form, to ensure that we can cater to everyone’s needs. We run our live seminars several times, to ensure that all participants can join, whatever the timezone. While sometimes you might not be able to join all our expert presentations live, they are all recorded so you could listen later.
Do you have more questions? Email us on email@example.com.